|Fresh Atlantic Salmon from the Ponoi|
Friend of YGF, Matt Breuer of the Ponoi River Company is looking to fill a hostess/assistant manager for the Ryabaga camp for this upcoming season. He wanted to let the small section of the internets that follows YGF know about a very unique and interesting opportunity to work in the Kola Peninsula this year. Spread the word.
Here is the official job posting:
Internship / Seasonal Job Posting
Job Title: Ryabaga Camp Assistant Manageress/HostessLocation: Kola Peninsula, Murmansk Region, Russian FederationSalary Range: $1200 - $1800 per month, depending on qualificationsGratuities: $350 - $500 per week averageDuration: June to mid - October
Job Summary:For 22 years, Ponoi River Company and Ryabaga Camp have successfully operated the finest fly fishing camp in the world in terms of service, hospitality, and quality of fishing - attracting 80% of clients to return. The invaluable and interactive role of Camp Assistant Manageress/Hostess is crucial to the success of a quality experience for clients at Ryabaga Camp. Client service and satisfaction are of critical importance to ensure repeat business.
Serving as Camp Assistant Manageress /Hostess, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in hosting efforts to achieve maximum client satisfaction.
- Analyzing staff activities and client feedback to provide input for strategic planning and camp management.
- Functioning as a liaison between management, staff, camp, and clients.
- Directly supervising staff including those involved in the operation of kitchen and camp infrastructure.
- Prioritizing the client by extending all amenities to make each client’s trip as valuable as possible.
- Delegating and monitoring workflow and directing the staff involved.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service and resolving conflict as required.
- Engaging in communications with Murmansk, Helsinki, UK, and US offices when necessary and as required.
Analytical / Interpersonal Skills Needed:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with staff, clients, and suppliers in an effective, professional, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneously.Key Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree; ideally in the area(s) of Outdoor Leadership, Outdoor Education, Recreation Management, Hotel Management, or Service Industry.
- Strong knowledge of hotel, bar, and kitchen operations.
- Knowledge of international travel and fly fishing.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, data entry, etc.
- First Aid and CPR certifications.Valid US Passport with at least 4 clean pages, and a validity of at least six months past October 2012.Drug screening.HIV screening and medical testing (required by Russian Federation in order to be granted a work visa).
How to Apply: Please submit a current resume, cover letter, and list of references to:Matthew BreuerRyabaga Camp Operations Manager+1 (252) 414 - 0047